This blog has been created as a tool to encourage students to engage in recreational reading. Through social discussion, students gain better insight and comprehension.

8.25.2011

The Dead Boys-Buckingham

Teddy Mathews is new to town. He and his mother have moved in next door to an abandon house with the most extraordinary tree in the back yard.  It seems to have an unusual power over Teddy almost as if it could talk to him.  As Teddy begins to explore his new town he meets a few boys who he feels could be potential new friends.  That is until trouble starts to come his way.  I mean how many new kids in town are already in trouble with the law within days of arriving.  What is the connection between Teddy, the tree, and the boys?

I have to tell you I found this story to be a little creepy.  I wondered, "Where in the world did this author come up with the idea for this story?"  I hope you will consider reading it because I would love to get your impression of the storyline.  Why did he write this book?

Mrs. G

No comments: