This blog has been created as a tool to encourage students to engage in recreational reading. Through social discussion, students gain better insight and comprehension.

5.04.2009

Maximun Ride: School's Out - Forever -Patterson

This is the second book in the Maximum Ride series and it remains very true to the story as well as excitement level of the first book. BOOKLIST review states that this series is "An action-packed cross between Gertrude Chandler Warner's Boxcar Children and Marvel Comics' X-Men." I think that is a great comparison but they forget to mention that it is most definitely written for the young adult reader. Who else can appreciate how Max and her flock feels about no adults to "boss them around" and the fact they they don't have to until school....oops, until now.

Enjoy this one, I'm on the the next book

3 comments:

Jellybean Girl said...

Like I said on the last book from Patterson, These books are amazing and I think evrybody should be required to read them!!!!!

Jellybean

CandyCorn said...

I totally agree! What is kind of freaky is the books make you wonder if it could really happen doesn't it?

luv2read said...

With science progressing as it is I think James Patterson is certainly giving us all something to think about. What would you do if you suddenly learned you could fly? I would travel all over the world!